Selected Works of Martin Luther
1483 - 1546
. . .
[To The Project Wittenberg Web Home Page]
More hymns can be found at the Lutheran Hymnals page.
- All Praise to Thee, Eternal God
- Christ Jesus Lay in Death's Strong Bands
- Dear Christians, One and All, Rejoice
- Dear Christians, One and All, Rejoice (German)
- Flung to the Heedless Winds
- From Depths of Woe I Cry to Thee
- From Depths of Woe I Cry to Thee (German)
- From Heaven Above (German)
- From Heaven Above (English)
- If God Had Not Been on Our Side
- If God Had Not Been on Our Side (German)
- In Peace and Joy I Now Depart
- In the Midst of Earthly Life (German)
- Isaiah, Mighty Seer, in Days of Old
- Lord, Keep Us Steadfast in Your Word
- Lord, Keep Us Steadfast in Your Word (German)
- May God Bestow on Us His Grace
- May God Bestow on Us His Grace (German)
- A Mighty Fortress (In German)
- A Mighty Fortress (In English): American
- A Mighty Fortress (In English): Frederick H.
- O Lord, Look Down from Heaven, Behold
- O Lord, Look Down from Heaven, Behold (German)
- O Lord, We Praise Thee
- O Lord, We Praise Thee (German)
- Our Father, Thou in Heaven Above
- Our Father, Thou in Heaven Above (German)
- Savior of the Nations, Come
- Savior of the Nations, Come (German)
- That Man a Godly Life Might Live (German)
- Thou Who Art Three in Unity
- We All Believe in One True God
- We All Believe in One True God (German)
- We Now Implore God the Holy Ghost
- We Now Implore God the Holy Ghost (German)
- Sermon on Threefold Righteousness by Martin Luther; from Philippians 2 (1518). From the texts in:
D. Martin Luther's Werke: Kritische Gesammtausgabe, Band 2,
(Weimar: Hermann Boehlau, 1884), pp. 41-47. Dr. Martin Luther's Catechetische Schriften and J.G. Walch and G. Stoeckhardt eds.,
Band 10. Dr. Martin Luther's Saemmtliche Schriften. (St.
Louis: Concordia Publishing House, 1885), cols. 1254-1263.
Translated by The Reverend Dr. Glen Zweck.
- [Refer to Luther sermons recommended and archived at the
Reformation INK web site from our References Section, below.]
Let Your Sins Be Strong: A Letter from Luther to Melancthon.
Letter no. 99, 1 August 1521. From Wortburg (Segment). Translated by
Erika bullman Flores. From Dr. Martin Luther's Saemmtliche
Schriften . Dr. Johannes Georg Walch, Ed. (St. Louis: Concordia
Publishing House, N.D.), Vol.15, cols. 2585-2590.
An Open Letter to the Christian Nobility of the German Nation
Concerning the Reform of the Christian Estate, 1520, by Martin
Luther. Introduction and Translation by C. M. Jacobs. Works of
Martin Luther With Introductionand Notes, Vol. II. Philadelphia:
A.J. Holman Co., 1915)
To Several Nuns, by Martin Luther.
From Wittenberg, 6 August 1524. Translated from Briefe aus dem
Jahre 1524 , No. 732-756. (Letters of the Year 1524, Nos. 733
- 756). Weimarer Ausgabe. Translated by Erika Bullman Flores.
Martin Luther's Classic tract On Translating is the foundation of the modern science of
of Bible translation and a classic of the German language.
"Disputation of Doctor Martin Luther on the Power and Efficacy of Indulgences" (1517)
The Large Catechism, by Martin Luther. Translated by F. Bente and W.H.T.
Dan. Published in: Triglot Concordia: The Symbolical Books of the Ev.
Lutheran Church . (St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, 1921).
- Disputatio pro Declaratione Virtutis Indulgentiarum, by Dr. Martin Luther, 1483-1546. From
D. Martin Luther's Werke: Kritische Gesammtausgabe . I Band
(Weimar: Hermann Boehlau, 1883).
- An html version seeded by Project Wittenberg, from The Classics Page at
George Mason University, Latin Library, Neu-Latin.
- Disputation of Doctor Martin Luther on the Power and Efficacy of Indulgences
- Study Guide for the Disposition of Doctor Martin Luther on the Power and Efficacy of Indulgences more commonly known as The Ninety-five Theses, prepared by Lyman Baker, Department of English, at Kansas State University
- 95 stellingen van Martin Luther: Debat tot opheldering over de
geldigheid der aflaten van de Eerw. Pater Martinus Luther, Doctor
in de Letteren en de H. Godgeleerdheid. Translated by F. van der
Heijden. [Connection from The Netherlands]
- Martin Luther: "Disputaio pro Declaratione Virtutis Indulgentiarum", translated by Asst. Prof. Dr. Kaan H. Ökten, Maltepe University, Istanbul, available in Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Word formats.
- Letter to the Archbishop
Albrecht of Mainz. (1517)
- Letter to Pope Leo X,
Accompanying the "Resolutions" to the XCV Theses. (1518)
- Letter to John Staupitz,
Accompanying the "Resolutions" to the XCX Theses. (1518)
- Dr. Martin Luther to the Christian Reader,
... the older opinion of the Ninety-Five Theses. (1545 ed.)
As subtitled by Martin Luther, The Smalcald Articles were "Articles of Christian Doctrine which were to
have been presented on our part to the Council, if any had been
assembled at Mantua or elsewhere, indicating what we could accept
or yield, and what we could not."
- Luther's Deutsche Messe (1526), and Passional
Christi und Antichristi (1521) are represented in the Digital Image Archive at Pitts Theological Library. They are a portion of
the Richard C. Kessler Reformation Collection at Emory University's
Candler School of Theology. The files may be viewed in postscript
and image file formats.
- LuiSA: Luther in
Sachen-Anhalt GmbH Martin Luther Web Pages in Saxony-Anhalt, "produced by an official Institution in the country Luther
- Index Verborum--
Martin Luther's German Writings is an one-of-a-kind reference
work provided at Boston College. This on line concordance to
works of Luther between the years 1516-1525, provides the
location of a word in the Weimar Ausgabe printing
of the original texts.
- Selected Sermons of Martin Luther from Reformation INK,
include the following:
- Enemies of the Cross of Christ, by Martin Luther.
- The Twofold Uses of The Law & Gospel, by Martin Luther.
- Christ Our
Great High Priest, by Martin Luther.
- On Faith & Coming to Christ, by Martin Luther.
- Christ's Holy Sufferings, by Martin Luther.
- Of The Office of Preaching, by Martin Luther.
- The Wheat & The Tares, by Martin Luther.
- The Parable of the Sower, by Martin Luther.
- The Law & The Gospel, by Martin Luther, et al.
- Martin Luther's Sermons. A
collection from The Sermons of Martin Luther (Baker Book House) made available on line by Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, Lexington, Kentucky.
- Religious Texts of the Center of Center on Religion and Democracy, University of Virginia.
[Project Wittenberg] *
[Suggestion Box] *
Reverend Bob Smith
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
This document results from a cooperative effort between Project
Wittenberg and ICLnet, Reverend Bob Smith, Project
Coordinator. Document revised, 2004: October 26